Friday, March 1, 2013

Yay March! and Which Phone Case?

Happy Friday ya'll!  Today is the first day of what is going to be a great month!... Not only does March begin on my favorite day of the week this year, but there are also a few fun things going on this month for me.

The first exciting thing starts today. I have my first meeting for the ASID's ARC Design Challenge. Four of my fellow students and I will be competing as a group against other design schools to design a 12' x 12' vignette room... but there's a catch! The space must reuse and repurpose items donated to the Salvation Army. I love repurposing furniture and DIY projects (check out my dresser redo or my sweater pillows) so I'm super into this. What a great way to show the public that you can pull together a beautiful design out of inexpensive used items!  One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?!  At the end of the competition, items will be auctioned to support the Anaheim Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC). I'm super excited about this challenge and can't wait to tell you guys more as we move along.  Check back often!

Also, this month, a friend of mine is getting married.  So I'm looking forward to getting dolled up, enjoying some yummy food and dancing, and most of all I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and celebrating the lovely lady and her husband.

And finally, take a wild guess who was born this month?  Hmmm.... think about it.... think about it.... yep! Me!  So I'll also be visiting those who deserve all the credit: dear old mom and dad. My parents are actually quite youthful though, so let me correct myself: spunky, fun, friendly and intelligent mom and dad!  Even though I think a birthday should be more of a celebration of them (all I did was pop out and say hello!), I'm not one to pass up the opportunity to capitalize on the ol' birthday tradition and rack up a few presents.

I've been compiling a list of things I'm wishing for (and a few I plan to buy myself), but then I got stuck. I'm wanting a new iPhone case, but there are so many out there, I can't decide!  Maybe you can help me.  Which do you like best?



3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see you!!!

    i'm a sucker for the stripe one and the two chevron ones. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard choice! they are all so fun! just found your blog and excited to follow your journey! stop by ans say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!