Friday, March 22, 2013

Nursery Fabrics

If you've been following along, you know we had our first trip to the warehouse last Friday to pick out donations from the Salvation Army warehouse to design our nursery.  Well, it doesn't stop there...

Later that day, immersed in obsession, I made a trip to Joann's to check out fabric and found a few that work well with our colors. I just LOVE working on interior design projects and get totally obsessive when I'm in the middle of one.  Every part of it is awesome to me; searching through beautiful fabrics and finishes, finding potential in outdated (or brand new) furniture, creating space plans, sketching ideas... could this be more fun?!  I can't wait for it to be a full-time job. But I digress.  Here's a little peak of a few fabrics I found.


Bedding perhaps?

I want our fabric choices to be realistic and targeted to the visitors of the Salvation Army, so no expensive designer fabrics here.  The top two were even on the sale rack!  I'd love to design a millionaire's home with rich luxurious fabrics and finished everywhere (and hopefully one day will), but the point of this project is to show ya'll that you don't need to be a millionaire to have a chic and beautiful home.  With all the inspiration on the world wide web and a little time and effort, the possibilities are endless!  But you guys know that... I just get excited sometimes ...cause I fall into the "visitors-of-the-Salvation-Army" category myself!

Anyway, I haven't talked to my  teammates about fabrics yet, but I'm sure we'll be diving into this part of the project soon. Unfortunately you can't get samples of fabric at Joann's that isn't strictly home decor fabric.  So for now, the photos will have to suffice.  And for ya'll that want to do something like this in your own home, I recommend bringing your blanket, pillows, photos of your art, photos of your room, or whatever else will go your soon-to-be-decorated space to your local Joann's so that you're prepared to coordinate what you've got going on.

Speaking of fabric... this is totally unrelated, but I saw this painted and recovered folding chair on Pinterest and really want to do it for the chairs I use in my dining room when guests come over.  Looks like a really easy project. And what a great way to make a folding chair awesome instead of a dull utilitarian object (unless you're going for that look of course)!  Have any of you done this?


Check back soon for more on the nursery and warehouse visit #2. 

4 comments:

  1. love the nursery colors and love that chair!! can't wait to see all of the fabulousness that you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite fabric is the top right :) and I love the chair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! That one was my favorite too. The other girls in my group actually ended up purchasing the fabrics so none of these were ones they picked, but it's looking really good anyhow. I think it's going to be awesome all together.

      Delete

Comments make me happy!