Thursday, January 10, 2013

Warm It Up with Red

Aaaaannnd.... over a week later, here I am!  Whoops!  I haven't fallen off the edge of the blog universe, or been eaten by purple people eaters.  I did, however, pick up a little bug, which has left me hacking up a lung for the past few days.  This cold along with adjusting to being back to reality after the holidays has made a bad blogger out of me. But I promise to get back on track!

Quick update: I was up at my mom's again this past weekend, finishing up the curtain stenciling project we started a while back. So the curtains are up and the room is just waiting to be photographed. I can't wait to show you!

In the meantime, my mom and I have been pondering ideas for the other areas of her house. We've been talking about using red in the living room. A color associated with warmth, comfort, and excitement, seems fitting for my warm-hearted and enthusiastic mother. I'm not sure if this idea will stick being that my mother has a little problem (or asset) of loving every color in the rainbow, but I've been searching for inspiration despite her indecisive ways. Here are some images I came across that add warmth and comfort with the use of red.

Source: Our Fifth House

Source: Real Simple

Source: Joy Tribout via Pinterest


6 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE so many of these rooms! Love the REDs! Yes, I AM guilty of loving many other colors too -- with a good designer, just about any color could look fabulous! Such are the challanges to a good designer! Sorry!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Apology accepted Mommy. Whatever we do, we'll make it fabulous. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for including my living room! I love red and there are so many ways to include it in your decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Carmel! Thanks for sharing your inspiring space!

      Delete
  3. Hi Genevieve, came over to your lovely blog from mine ;)
    I love Carmel's house ;) I recognized that brass trunk right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Julia! I know right... Carmel's house is beautiful. Yours is too!

      Delete

Comments make me happy!